If you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, you have some decisions to make. What kind of treatment are you going to chose for your illness? The facts speak for themselves. When compared to conventional medicine treatments, fibromyalgia patients get more from alternative medicine. Conventional doctors do not always understand this illness, and some tend to attribute the symptoms of pain all over the body, muscle fatigue, memory loss, dizziness, headaches, weakness, and depression, to name a few, to other illnesses. Since an alternative medicine doctor treats the whole body and not just a list of symptoms, you can feel confident that you would get better care and concern from this type of doctor.
What are the conventional treatments for fibromyalgia? Once you have looked over this list, you will see why alternative medicine is a far better choice. Conventional treatments are usually limited to –
• Antidepressants, which are given freely. Sometimes these will help, yet at other times, these drugs will make your symptoms worse. It all depends on the individual.
• Pain Medication, which is normally of the opioid variety, if indicated.
• Relaxation Therapy, which reduces pain and stress.
The fibromyalgia alternative medicine treatment is much more through –
• Exercise program of gentle exercises that is aimed at helping the patient feel in control. Physical therapy is also useful.
• Stress management, accomplished with relaxation techniques.
• Dietary guidelines which include elimination of sugar, refined carbohydrates, food additives, and any food allergies identified in the patient.
• Nutritional supplements such as intravenous vitamins known as a Myer’s cocktail, magnesium, B-complex vitamins, and a host of others.
• Herbal medications, a variety depending on the symptoms shown by the patient.
• Massage Therapy
• Light Therapy
As you can see, fibromyalgia sufferers get a much better variety of alternative medicine than conventional. During your first appointment, you will be given an extensive examination. The fibromyalgia hallmark of “tender points” will be carefully palpated. A good alternative medicine doctor will understand that all of these points are not always bothersome, but differ from day to day. He will also know that there is no cure for fibromyalgia, and that the best that can be done is a management of symptoms and pain.
No one knows what causes fibromyalgia, least of all the medical profession. But a kind and understanding alternative medicine doctor can do more to help the patient simply because fibromyalgia responds more to alternative medicine. Alternative medicine can be the solution for your fibromyalgia pain.